[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sun Nov 7 13:04:15 PST 2010

Alan Rudy wrote:
> Yes, all of Chuck's and other evidence to the contrary nothwithstanding,
> there is surely absolutely no reason to think that they've done what they've
> done on purpose and because we can't read there minds

{snippage]

This is exactly why I share Carrol's lack of patience for parsing people's political motives. In terms of the political and social effects of O's administration, O's motivations and intentions are irrelevant. --A crude analogy: a gun goes off, someone dies. That person will remain dead regardless of the intent of the person who fired the gun. (Saying "it was an accident, I didn't mean to do it" won't alter the effects of the gun shot.)

Miles