[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 09:29:30 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [WS:] I am only reacting to some of the more
> extreme opinions expressed on this list bashing O's administration with
> preposterous claims painting them as traitors and fools.....

I never did that and neither did Marv but that doesn't seem to matter to you. So, what you've done is been incredibly uncivil to Marv and I because you're pissed at someone else? Sweet.

> The class struggle was won by the
> capital some 20-30 years ago. The working class lost not just on the
> industrial front but on the cultural front as well.

Yes, give up and diss those still trying to keep things alive in our personal and professional work, that'll help. You're doing us all such a great service.

> Most of the
> public discourse in this country - which spills over to lists like this one
> - consists of shouting insults over a megaphone and bullying people into
> toeing in the party line. It silences critique, but if it changes any
> minds, it makes people more resentful.

Wait, you're attributing this to Marv and I, to Dennis, Jodan, Doug? Really? So, you're pissed at Carrol and Shane and therefor despise everyone here, good politics.

> Case in point, as I already said, I
> used to be rather skeptical about the prospects of O's administration, but
> the vicious diatribes against his administration on this list and elsewhere
> actually changed my mind - to become more contrarian and say things in
> defense of his administration.
>
> What list do you subscribe to? You equate what's here with Fox, could you
be less capable of clearheaded analysis? Do you actually read what we say? Where the hell were Marv, Dennis, Jordan, Doug and I vicious rather than critical... really.