[lbo-talk] Varoufakis on ending the eurocrisis

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Nov 11 19:57:22 PST 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

> A Modest Proposal for Overcoming the Euro Crisis
> by Yanis Varoufakis
>
> http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2010/varoufakis051110.html

This is a great piece. I can't wait to see the book it's excerpted from.

Varoufakis is a real treasure -- and it's one more reason why Behind the News was, which is the only place I ever ran into him.

Eric, I'm not sure I understand your criticism that this is a "technocratic" solution. I think of technocratic as something that can be done without changing the political landscape, with below-the-radar tinkering. But this would require huge changes in the political reality of Europe. And good ones.

Michael