[lbo-talk] Debt Commission Targets Social Security, Medicare

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 07:13:25 PST 2010

Re: "it's the difference between believing it's something they think is "the thing to do" and believing it's something they think they can get away with. I think they think they might actually be able to get away with it. If nothing else, it's about re-calibrating the scale - and if only on that level, I think they might be right."

[WS:] Yup. They've got pretty good at manipulating public opinion and marginalizing opposition, and they can out-gun liberals by the factor 10 to 1. And let's face it - the recent failure of the French to stop gutting their social security system only emboldened these guys, as the Americans are no match to the French when it comes to mass social protest.

Wojtek