[lbo-talk] Note on the Panthers

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 12 17:39:48 PST 2010

David Hilliard spoke at Illinois Wesleyan University last night¸and I discovered that what had been my speculation back in the '60s has been confirmed by documents released from the Cointel program.

The FBI repression of the Panthers was triggered by their Breakfast program. That was what made the FBI frightened of them as a serious danger. One of the documents speaks of the necessity to criminalize them. Thus the nonsense passed on by the idiot ex-members of the SWP in reference to the Panthers is a mere retailing of FBI-inspired lies.

The murder for which Bobby Seale and other Panthers were accused (and all acquitted) was committed by an FBI informant in the Connecticut Panthers. Ditto those babbling ignorantly on this list.

If Hilliard speaks near any of you, I highly recommend attending. To be ignorant of the Panthers is to be a total ignoramus in respect to the '60s.

Carrol