[lbo-talk] delusional

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Nov 15 08:53:23 PST 2010

Doug Henwood

This man is delusional.

Perhaps. But this judgment involves knowing what his actual goals are. Cooperation with the Republicans did get the "Public Option" removed from the medical-care act. I would assume that that removal was in fact desired by Obama.

He needs the Republicans ssto "defeat" what he actually wants defeated but is nominally commtted to.

My point, I'm afraid, also involves some guessing at hidden intentions -- but that merely puts the two hypotheses (delusional or "crazy like a fox") on an even keel.

Carrol