[lbo-talk] deluded American's wish they were Swedish?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 10:57:08 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Alan Rudy:
>
> Methinks, assuming Harvard and Duke can execute a decent survey, this
> suggests that the Dems have more degrees of freedom than some suggest.
>
> ------
>
> Of course they do.... Do you really think that people on this list know
> what the DP leadership is ignorant of! I find that assumption
> incredible....Politics is not a game
> for them and it should not be, as this thread suggests it is, a game for
> leftist. Do you really think the interests and the opinions of people are
> more important than the interests and opinions of Insurance companies or of
> CityBank. How naïve.
>
> Carrol

Just 'cuz it's more than a game doesn't mean that the Democrats aren't playing the electoral game part really badly. What surprises me about your position is how much 1) you assume that the leadership of the DLC is coherently socially self-aware and 2) you assume that there is only one way to serve the interests of the insurance and banking industries, that the Democratic leadership sees no other alternatives, and that this one true way to serve their insurance/banking constituencies necessitates assures electoral failure.