[lbo-talk] deluded American's wish they were Swedish?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 16 10:13:50 PST 2010

Alan Rudy:

Methinks, assuming Harvard and Duke can execute a decent survey, this suggests that the Dems have more degrees of freedom than some suggest.

------

Of course they do. And they know it. And they deliberately choose not to use that freedom, just as I deliberately choose to put Half&Half rather than milk on the Cheerios I’m eating.

Do you really think that peole on this list know what the DP leadership is ignorant of! I find that assumption incredible.

That should be the topic of conversation among leftists: explain why the DP so carefully avoids the kind of appeals that would be of obvious political advantage –IF politics were merely a competition and isolated from the whole of society in the way the Tigers and the Cubs are. Politics is not a game for them and it should not be, as this thread suggests it is, a game for leftist. Do you really think the interests and the opinions of people are more important than the interests and opinions of Insurance companies or of CityBank. How naïve.

Carrol