[lbo-talk] Quantitative Easing

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:41:54 PST 2010

Alan Rudy

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k&feature=player_embedded

this thing's spreading everywhere and, while there are some good criticisms in it, its primarily an anti-government screed

it argues that the Fed sees deflation when it doesn't - its trying to forestall it, it argues that deflation's good for consumers but leaves out that deflation's bad for jobs and investment, it suggests that QE's only about deflation and that it's the only idea the Fed's got, it pulls out the CPI but then ties all sorts of things not measured by the CPI to the Fed's purported mis-reading of it and its meaning, it argues that the Fed's never done anything right, that administrators have to come from business or prior administrative experience, and... yeesh.

as always, you don't have to be a fan of the Fed to dislike the way the argument against the Fed is introduced here... the enemy of my enemy isn't always...

^^^^^ CB: If it was an "argument" I would agree with you. I took it more as a spoof of the "being" who "argues" for QE, no ? Half the stuff it says sounds non-sensical in relation to the questions posed by the other "being".

They have these on the Tea Party , too, and they seem to be designed to make the Tea Partiers look ridiculous.