[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:42:36 PST 2010

At 15:33 05 11 10, c b wrote:

>Dennis Claxton
>
>Tea partiers are more more likely to be racist. Who knew? This still
>doesn't connect the dots to white racism against Obama explaining....
>what exactly?
>
>^^^^
>CB: A significant chunk of the votes against the party he heads in the
>November 2, 2010 election

Rachel Maddow (IIRC - and with a snazzy chart illustrating Capital Hill swings of leadership over numerous mid-term presidency election cycles) pointed out that 1st term presidents routinely see changed leadership in Congress, and that this change was not only predictable, it was neither historically the largest nor the smallest change of the expected type. To the contrary, it was pretty average and run-of-the-mill.

So to repeat Claxton's question (and at risk of repeating someone else since I'm behind and have not read through), what is it exactly, that connects the dots to white racism?

Percy