[lbo-talk] Wikileaks according to The Guardian

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sun Nov 28 17:14:35 PST 2010

> One thing that struck me after reading some of the coverage today is
> how the government has recently started going after American anti-war
> activists for alleged links to Hezbollah and other "prohibited"
> groups. Evidently the U.S. sees a conspiracies everywhere.
>
> Spying on the UN? Wouldn't it be sweet if Hillary Clinton had to
> resign over that? It will never happen.
>
> Chuck

Yeah, they are trying to link up US based Arab, Muslim, and white anti-war, anti-Israeli groups. It isn't working too well. Maybe their point is intimidation. I wish I knew some of the locals involved to get a feel for what's going on. There are all kinds of possibilities. Where I would devote some time and energy is looking at the UC system, its construction bonds, and its linkages to the FBI.

What's sick about it is these were groups and their audiences who hoped Obama would change that Bush era paranoid nonsense---and instead the current administration seems to have gone further. I confess I was certainly in that camp. It's pretty disheartening to realize that Hilary Clinton is more vicious than Madeleine Albright.

In an amazing twist, Bush was honest. Fuck'm. I resent the idea you think I should care. There is a certain clarity there. I am your enemy. Get used to it. I have to say even George W is letting me down these days with all this whimp faced shit. I liked him better when he was a straight up asshole. I am going to fuck you like you've never been fucked before. Gee George, how about some KY? Forget it.

What I am hoping is the alternate media picks through these docs and assembles the stories behind them. Like what were the cables around the Turkish flotella. Another interesting story would be the cables around the Goldstone report. Then there is Honduras.

The weird linkages to Latin American drug money, have another back story which is the international money laundering by big corporations and big banks, where the lines get really blurry.

What's funny-not, I can not remember there ever being a more target rich news exposee environment. The scope and depth of the elite rot and corruptions has never been greater, in the middle of complete news blackout.

I'll have to get some John Le Carre to figure it out.

CG