[lbo-talk] Wikileaks according to The Guardian

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sun Nov 28 17:36:37 PST 2010

Do we all have to pretend to be outraged?

Clueless in Oakland

My view is complicated. Yes we all knew. But there is a significant difference between knowing and seeing.

I knew the US was manipulating or trying its best to make the UN an extention of US foreign policy. The US was struggling against some conscieous laden liberal notion held by some UN officials. But to see it in State Dept directives to spy on the UN General Secretary is another thing. So Moon is not a good enough stooge? Bombing the UN storage facility in Gaza with phospherous wasn't good enough? We need better compliance?

Yes we all knew the US engages in extortion and heavy handed leverage on UN officials. Mostly it works, but evidently not well enough.

What gets me is no matter how bad I think things are, they are always worse than even my sick imagination can comprehend.

It turns out I am optimist?