[lbo-talk] More on Robert Paul Wolff

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 20:02:52 PDT 2010

On 10/04/2010 07:34 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> I think, and maybe wrong, a philosophical analysis of what they fear is
> somehow the key to political action. What they fear, besides losing
> their money and power, is the loss of the hegemonic American Identity.
> It is somehow tied up with US imperialism. So kill the symbolic
> identity, hopefully you kill the whole drive to imperial domination.
> Kill the brain, kill the goul (from Night of the Living Dead).

[snip]

> Well, I've been drinking, so have become untrustworthy,,,
>
> CG

They fear exactly what RPW pointed to in his essay "The Conflict Between Autonomy and Authority"; that more will realize there is no duty to obey the law as law. That philosophical anarchism grips the masses and becomes a material force. The collective performativity of freedom.

Have one for me,

Ian