[lbo-talk] Is Europe committing suicide?

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:57:34 PDT 2010

On 7 oct. 10, at 00:30, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I think the Euro-elite has envied the wealth and power of their American counterparts for a long time. The current crisis gives them a chance to fight a class war from above - and so far, despite some street demos, they're largely getting away with it. When there's no war coming from below there's no need to buy social peace.

I'd love to think that the pension reform in France will trigger at least some kind of guerilla. All the major unions have agreed today on a re-conductible strike in the public transportation network starting on the 12th.

The summer has been a huge mess for the Sarkozy government and they won't get away with all that crap that easily. People are really starting to see through him.

Jean-Christophe Helary