[lbo-talk] Is Europe committing suicide?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 09:36:47 PDT 2010

JCH: "I feel (from a rather distant position) that the EU has been a very strong pusher of neo-liberal policies, mostly because EU governance does not depend on elections. "

[WS:] But that has not changed for the past 50-60 years, so why the push toward neoliberalism is now and not 50 years ago?

As I said in my reply to Doug, I think what has changed in the last 15-20 or so years is the consensus of expertocracy that feed governments with expert policy opinions - and that consensus moved decidedly in the neo-liberal direction.

Wojtek