[lbo-talk] support WBAI, and BtN, please

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 13 09:11:22 PDT 2010

<http://lbo-news.com/2010/10/13/support-“behind-the-news”-on-wbai—really/>

Support “Behind the News” on WBAI—really!

WBAI is in the midst of a crucial fundraising marathon now, running through most of this month. The station is in very bad shape financially, and unless we raise a bundle in the coming weeks, there could be dire consequences.

And the interim program director has made some noises about bringing in some “big names” in the 5–6 PM slot. That’s my slot, at least on Thursdays, and I doubt as I qualify as a “big name.” In pursuit of a similar strategy at KPFK, Pacifica’s Los Angeles outlet, they brought in Roseanne Barr to rant about 9/11 conspiracies. The strategy didn’t work, but that may be what they have in mind for WBAI.

So if you like my radio show, and want to keep it on, please pledge your support to WBAI, and my show in particular. There are several ways to do it....

[links for support options at original]