[lbo-talk] Rêve Générale

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 06:09:35 PDT 2010

> I could always be wrong, I often am. But I think the other word play here is on
>
> Greve Generale
>
> A "greve" is a strike -- une greve generale (f)
>
> A "reve" is a dream -- un reve general (m)

You're not wrong at all. In addition to that, the fact that they left the feminine when reve is masculine added another "depth" to the word play, in my opinion.

JC

^^^^^ CB: I can't find it but I think Marx refers to working class uprising as a "Mardi Gras of the People" or something like that. Then there's the Party of a New Type. (Ain't we got fun ?)