[lbo-talk] What government spending?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 06:35:03 PDT 2010

Charles, you're being obtuse. Slavery and Jim Crow ended despite overwhelming support from the majority of the population in the South.

^^^^ CB: There was a very large minority, a great mass, in the South who were overwhelmingly against both slavery and Jim Crow.

So, slavery and Jim Crow just spontaneously ended ? What about the actions of the majority , not just small groups of revolutionists, of the population in the North, and that very large minority in the South the slaves and Black people ?

^^^^^

It is only because the majority viewpoint in the South was forcibly overthrown that life changed for African Americans in the South. Thanks for helping me make my point!

Miles

^^^^^ CB: Forcibly overthrown by whom ? Surely not some small group of revolutionists.