[lbo-talk] Privatized Education Fraud: Stripping to Pay Tuition

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Oct 18 11:07:06 PDT 2010

A friend who works for one of the top university presses tells me that the people he hires from state colleges do a much better job than the ones he hires from the ivies.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "michael perelman" <michael.perelman3 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 7:59:08 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Privatized Education Fraud: Stripping to Pay Tuition

Regarding credentialism, I made the point sometime earlier that a GOOD student from Chico will get a better education than from a prestigious university. They will not get the benefit of as high a proportion of really good students, but they will get far more attention from their instructors. Mark Thoma, who never took a class for me (perhaps that is the reason for his success) is a nice example of what you can learn in Chico. Our department, however, is on life support.