[lbo-talk] Privatized Education Fraud: Stripping to Pay Tuition

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Oct 18 18:19:36 PDT 2010

On Mon, October 18, 2010 4:47 pm, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> I have to wonder 14k volumes of what? Tech manuals on Adobe's latest
> media suite? This is called knowledge but there is nothing there.

Such is the madness of for-profit education. Incidentally, many top-notch videogame studios have their own podcasts nowadays, and two of the most frequent questions from fans are, "(1) how do I get into the gaming biz and (2) what art-and-design college do you recommend?"

The studio employees will always answer as follows: (1) if you truly love making and playing games, grab the open source tools out there and start building your own from scratch, i.e. jump into the gaming community; and (2) it's not about skills, it's about perspectives -- the tools are always changing anyway, so get the broadest, most cosmopolitan, mind-expanding liberal arts education you can find.

In short, do the exact opposite of what the neolib education model prescribes.

-- DRR