[lbo-talk] me against the right

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 20 14:40:07 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-20, at 3:11 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2010, at 1:55 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>> Nice job, Doug, especially with Schiff interrupting and trying to cut off every point. Jeez, how I don't miss that world.
>
> Thanks. He was so obnoxious. Even before they started taping, he was badgering me. What an asshole.

No class. Actually, petit bourgeois class. Schiff sounded like a small shopkeeper - which, as a small Wall Street broker, he is - with the typical uninformed small shopkeeper complaints about overregulation, taxes, unproductive workers, welfare cheats, and unfair competition from big business (in his case, the big investment banks). Hard to engage with folks who, despite all evidence to the contrary, insist that worker productivity hasn't risen in the US or that financial deregulation neither happened nor contributed to the crisis. Matching you against an apologist for the administration's economic policies or even a more sophisticated right-winger like a Mankiw or Feldstein or Hubbard would have made for a more interesting debate.