[lbo-talk] The Monks' "Transatlantic Feedback" DVD

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 22:36:23 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 4:01 PM, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Speaking of punk:
>
> Anyone seen this? It's about the American avant-rock band The Monks that made
> political (proto-)punk about 10-13 years too early:

Now those guys were cool! I've never seen the doco but I'll look out for it. That German footage is pretty awesome - looks like that whole show is on Youtube. They seem like they're from some parallel dimension out of the normal rock timeline - something like this is almost 50s - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDD-eMkwoU&feature=related - while this is the 1970s - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdrJ-_iGmjE&feature=related

They were apparently also partly fashioned by svengalis, according to Wikipedia ""a pair of loopy existentialist visionaries" - I guess the doco elaborates on that?

Mike