[lbo-talk] has the TP peaked

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:05:11 PDT 2010

Chip B: "think about how this will play out in society in terms of legitimizing racism, xenophobia, anti-immigrant aggression, and homophobia."

[WS:] If it did, it would make the "tea"/repug party movement a legitimate target and stir some opposition - which would not be a bad thing. But I do not think it will. It will be playing the neo-liberal game of promoting "freedom" and "lessening the burden of state" and as such, it will receive a wide popular support. The net effect of this movement will be similar to what happened to the mental health care system in this country - those in a position to pay will receive first class service, everyone else will end up in the streets and the only "services" available to them will be in the prison system - regardless of their gender, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation.

Wojtek