[lbo-talk] Rev. Jon

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Oct 30 12:05:55 PDT 2010

Quite a closing sermon from the Sane Rev. Stewart. I'm sure most LOBsters are happy that he conflated Marxists with racists, while preaching tolerance toward NRA members (at least while in traffic) and respectful submission to those who rule us. Also, Kid Rock, T.I. and Sheryl Crow telling us that we can't stop war, house the homeless or feed the poor. But we can Care (the least we can do). Uplifting all around.

Cute bit with Yusuf (Cat Stevens), Ozzy Osbourne and the O'Jays. A few funny moments. Overall, a big so what.

But then, I'm standing in my yard, yelling at kids.

Dennis