[lbo-talk] Why Capitalism Cannot be Tamed

Barry Brooks durable at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 30 11:03:24 PDT 2010

Wojtek has made the most important and hopeful comment ...
> ... The bottom line is that delinquency is effectively controlled in most
> human societies through informal social controls.... Banksters break the law
> (regulations) because they are a part of criminal culture - glorified by
> economic theory - that puts a premium on lawbreaking behavior.

We need a war on selfishness. If that war had the level of impact that the war on drugs has had then greed would no longer be socially acceptable.

The seven deadly sins have had little notice lately. We have pride high school and no one seems to know that pride is the first of the seven deadly sins. Now, we need to try to name a high school lust high school. A "lust high school" would face rejection, because immorality implies sex, rather than greed etc, in popular belief. The order has been rearranged, but the Catholic version is pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, and sloth/acedia

http://www.counterpunch.org/brook1126.html It was once earnestly asked by Native Americans, "Why do you take by force what you can have by love?" Christopher Columbus reports in his personal diary that when he arrived in the Americas he was amazed...

Barry