[lbo-talk] Saturday

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 09:09:54 PDT 2010

On 10/30/2010 10:45 PM, Sean Andrews wrote:

> You could go the Carrol route and never turn

> on the TV at all, but sometimes it's fun to

> not be an angry, disappointed leftist for a

> few minutes a day.

Fun? Having to justify why I don't watch teevee is like having to justify why I don't take cocaine. With only a handful of exceptions, every time I've watched teevee for the last forty years it made me _feel bad._ Anxious and poor and disgusted and _dirty._

I'm not an ideal or a role model or anything like that. If watching teevee doesn't do this to you, yay! good for you. Similarly, if you enjoy cocaine, go for it. Just 1.) leave me out and 2.) if you feel like you want to give me a hard time about it, well...

yrs wdk