[lbo-talk] tea party numbers

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:31:18 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Alan Rudy <alan.rudy at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ^^^^^
> > CB: I didn't know that. But I'm not sure comedy shows are causing vote
> > switches. Also, Colbert and Stewart are causing people to vote
> > Republican. I guess they might create some stay away from the polls.
> > ^^^
> >

> APR: Really? No one I know, and not a single one of my students, who
> watches
> these shows sees them as anything other than critiques of
> conservative/Republican hypocrisy and contradictions.

And I would really like to know how many people with insufficient irony to recognize these shows as ironic are actually persuaded by them to vote conservative. IOW, it seems to me much more likely that they are already pre-disposed that way and/or influecend that way by friends, family, ministers, etc. etc.