[lbo-talk] tea party numbers

Bill Quimby wquimby at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:09:33 PDT 2010

Just wondering if it may be time to start looking at 2012 in light of these factors...

1. If the fears about the 2010 Congressional races are founded, we could at worst wind up with (see note below) Senate Pubs 52 Dems 48 House Pubs 241 Dems 194

2. Since the Republicans would not have a veto-proof majority, we would be looking at two years of absolutely no action from Congress at all - on anything, even the economy.

So maybe that sets up an interesting "dynamic" for 2012, with the country as a whole, perhaps in a double-dip recession and with no improvement in the employment stats, looking for an alternative to the failed democratic/capitalist system?

I realize, of course, that one alternative seen in past similar situations is a Fascist leader who promises to take us out of the wilderness!

- Bill

Note: I'm using the projections from <http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/> and throwing all "toss ups" to the Republicans.