[lbo-talk] Michael Heinrich on Capitalism and the State

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 12:15:02 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> DIE LINKE's draft party program reads like a Keynesian wish list addressed to Santa Claus: as if by means of regulation and a nationalized financial sector (under "democratic control") a capitalism can be created that reconciles all contradictions.

I haven't read the article yet, but I wonder if this also relates back to the Vercellone article and to what others, mostly Europeans, have noted about the last 30 years: capital's decreasing *direct* command over labor. One of the many horrible things about the Keynesian solutions to the crisis loved by the Anglo-American left is that they would all mean an increasing direct control over labor. Regulation and nationalization of finance or the economy also means the regulation and nationalization (likely via centralization and something like labor union mediation) of the workforce. A decisive step backwards.