[lbo-talk] blog post: a nation in decline, part 2: signs of distress

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sat Sep 4 11:42:59 PDT 2010

On Fri, September 3, 2010 9:30 pm, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> Here is the terrible truth of the matter. I don't give a flying fuck what
> happens to this asshole country, period.

Now, now, one must hate the sin and love the sinner.

I burned through my whole storehouse of anti-Imperial antipathy during the eight long years of the oiligarchy. Burned it through, all the way down, until there was nothing left. By 2008 I couldn't feel anything towards the Empire. It was so obviously done, a vampire caught in the artificial sun-rays of the BRIC developmental states, their fusion reactors shining brighter and brighter, driving the Empire's shadows from Latin America, Mesopotamia, Central Asia. Now the vampire's flesh is melting away.

But we're early on in the collapse. 35 years of neolib credit bubbling doesn't disappear overnight. Once the 290 million Americans who aren't part of the ruling elites realize the bubble isn't coming back, and this will be sooner rather than later -- that's our chance.

-- DRR