[lbo-talk] Bill Gates as "Tea Party" supporter? where?

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Mon Sep 6 18:06:15 PDT 2010

>I disagree that anything needs to be highly scripted and tied to grades.

Well, I agree, personally. I couldn't learn much math the way it was taught, but once I just started flipping through books to pick one or two ideas out that I could understand, it got a lot better---the anti-script approach. But these guys are teaching in a system, not outside it. Another thing that helped was reading the same basic idea in multiple ways of telling. This amounts to an anti-root learning.

What is obscured is the multi-facetted nature of math, which is more like art than it appears.

CG