[lbo-talk] question for those who remember the 70s

Ricky Page rfpage2008 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 08:05:43 PDT 2010

+ Led Zepplin!!!!!!

________________________________ From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tue, September 7, 2010 1:52:35 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] question for those who remember the 70s

c b wrote:

> I think Gail has gotten the essence of the '70s. Those who remember
> them favorably are responding to the positive leftovers of the slowly
> dying struggles of the '60s. It took some time for it to sink in on
> those of us who had fought the battles of the '60s to wake up to the
> fact that people were no longer respnding, that our numbers were
> shrinking rather than growing
>
> In 1982 a Palestinian poet perhaps perhaps epitomized a world-wide
> experience when he wrote, "the earth is closing in on us."
>
> Carrol
>
> ^^^^^^^
> CB: Of course, 1982 wasn't in the '70's.  Reaganism had started, etc.

Yes, but that was the way the '70s were heading. After all, it was Jimmy Carter who told us that the world wasn't fair -- i.e., inter linea: It isn't fair and dyou'd better fucking get used to it because I am going to make it eve more unfair and you are gdoing to lump it.