[lbo-talk] the CFR worries about decline

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:55:13 PDT 2010

[WS:] I think you got all backwards. In 1945, the number of countries whose ass the US could kick was well over a hundred. Now it is approaching zero. It cannot even kick much ass in its own backyard aka Latin America.

Although there is a number of countries that still cry uncle, the UK, Japan and a bunch of EU members being the prime example - they do it because they chose so, mainly for their own selfish reasons, not because they feel threatened to comply.

To put differently, in 1945 there was not a single county that could tell Uncle Sam to fuck off and get away with it, even Russia had to be very careful in what it was saying and doing. Today a a large number of what Nixon would term as "pissant" countries can and do tell the US to fuck off without suffering any serious consequences.

Wojtek