[lbo-talk] Fidel on dolphins & the Cuban model

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:46:43 PDT 2010

Ted Winslow

c b quoted Marx:

> "What we have to deal with here [in analyzing the programme of the
> workers' party] is a communist society, not as it has developed on its
> own foundations, but, on the contrary, just as it emerges from
> capitalist society; which is thus in every respect, economically,
> morally, and intellectually, still stamped with the birthmarks of the
> old society from whose womb it comes."

This has to be interpreted within the framework of ontological and anthropological ideas that constitute full individual development as the end of the process that is human pre-history (where human being is defined as the potential for such development so that, as long as the process is incomplete, human being is not yet fully actual).

^^^^^ CB: Perhaps we should use the terms "human becoming " rather than "human being".

How does the concept of internal relations impinge here ?