[lbo-talk] European Welfare State

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 11:06:57 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> but it would be nice for a moment of you contemplated what life in the USA is like.

This is very strange requirement, one you make of AN every time this comes up. Why does he need to contemplate life in the US when the discussion is about Germany? It's very odd. It's like the US is the norm/ideal and nations are to be measured by their degree of deviation from it. I'm tempted to think it's a form of leftist US exceptionalism, but that doesn't seem like you.