[lbo-talk] European Welfare State

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 13:08:22 PDT 2010

What's the political upshot here? AN is constantly harping on the (very real) horror of Hartz IV. But a chunk of the unions and SPD broke off in protest against it and helped found the Left Party. Yet AN seems to want nothing to do with the Left Party. Or am I misunderstanding.

Also, it's odd that AN is constantly criticizing US leftists, yet when it comes to the US as a whole he wants to accentuate the positive. So the US is pretty great except for its Left, I guess.

SA