[lbo-talk] Israelis moving to Germany!

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 01:44:10 PDT 2010

joel schalit:

> We moved there for work, Angelus.

Hey, hey, I wasn't talking about you, or even about the article. I was pointing out that Doug's headline of young Israelis moving to *Germany* really isn't accurate.

The point is that Berlin is a very popular city right now. It's not *Germany* that is attractive for people, it's Berlin. That's why the New York Times reporter projecting so much blahblah about "symbols of generational change" or whatever is just ridiculous.

You don't see articles like this about Munich or Dresden. Once a while back in some U.S. or English publication I saw a reference to Leipzig being the next "hip" city, but everyone who's been to Leipzig knows what a joke that is. Leipzig suffers a major case of Berlin inferiority complex and likes to pretend it is in the same league.