[lbo-talk] Projections?? for WI Supreme contest

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 22:07:24 PDT 2011

Sorry, just saw this. Alas, I have no inside info. I will say that the Milwaukee paper has more detail than the Reuters report:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119410124.html

It's fishy, but it looks like an actual error, at least at first blush. A total of 14k votes had been counted and reported by the municipality to the county clerk. The county clerk did not include them in her compilation of the votes Tuesday night. Since this particular clerk does not break down and post the results by municipality, no one noticed the 0 for Brookfield until she submitted it for review. So it's not like the ballots had gone missing and were suddenly "discovered" or anything along those lines.

The Kloppenburg campaign is filing an open information request, so there will be more on this. And I'll be surprised if there's not a recount, leaving aside any investigation into improprieties here.

Pretty exciting, Waukesha in the news. But it tells you what you need to know -- Brookfield went about 10k for Prosser to about 4k for Kloppenburg.