[lbo-talk] Projections?? for WI Supreme contest

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 22:28:01 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Jeffrey Fisher <jeff.jfisher at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry, just saw this. Alas, I have no inside info. I will say that the
> Milwaukee paper has more detail than the Reuters report:
>
> http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119410124.html

Those 14k votes actually bring the county more in line with turnout that might have been expected, too. http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119449719.html

---

Before the big adjustment, Waukesha County's vote total was just under 111,000. That is equal to 37.4% of the county's voting-age population of 296,081 people in the 2010 census.

After the big adjustment, Waukesha's vote total was roughly 125,000 votes. That is equal to 42.2% of the county's voting-age population. [ . . . ]

Before the adjustment, Waukesha would have registered by far the biggest decrease in turnout of any county in the state between last fall's governor's race and this spring's court race - almost 26 points, from 63% to 37%. The statewide drop in turnout between those two elections was about 16 points.

--- But there will be a fight. They're gearing up with lawyers. We'll have to wait for the "final" official tally to know about the recount, although there will surely be one. But if it's under 7500 difference in votes, it will be free, whereas outside that, the candidate challenging the count is charged.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_3f954782-618c-11e0-ae4d-001cc4c03286.html