[lbo-talk] the decline of men

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Apr 15 03:48:33 PDT 2011

At 12:31 AM 4/15/2011, Chuck Grimes wrote:
>>Since you brought it up :)
>
>the los angeles hive mind is lady gaga's crotch. I admit such a force of
>history. Let's have another drink and consider the matter...
>
>CG

but why IS something ugly equated with a woman's crotch? why Chuck? Why? Why is it acceptable at my workplace for the guys to josh each other by saying, "Yeah, I just left your wife. She said that about you, too." In other words, they call tease each other by first insisting that they are sleeping with the other one's wife that, by definition, this makes her a slut and you, poor guy, are married to a slut who sleeps around, with me.

It pleases me to no end to be surrounded all day by five guys who think that's the height of hilarity and even better I'm thrilled to learn that this is why I will live longer than a man (on average anyway): because it is an indication that feminism has won, the world has changed so much that not only do I get all kinds of advancement in the world because of my pussy, I'm also on a pedestal where I'm worshipped and treated differently, special, like a precious flower in need of protection from the big, bad world! If I were on the Titanic, rest assured that I would be on the lifeboat first given the behavior of men in the elevator at my workplace. I'm so relieved to know that, next year, when I give a talk to IT management, I can look out at the sea of mostly white and entirely male faces and think, "wow. these guys worship my pussy. that is why it's obvious that I will never, ever be promoted to IT Director but I can feel warm and fuzzy about listening to men calling each other girls, pussy, and ladies in order to insult each other, yet know, without a doubt, that in the event of a catastrophe I will be spared and allowed to live - Live! - because I am the weaker sex who needs to get off the elevator first!"

curiously, when I ask about elevator behavior, I'm always told that it makes sense, "you gotta have rules" to get off the elevator! This way, there's no confusion. All the men plant themselves against thewalls of the elevator and gallantly gesture, "no, you first!"

well, lemme tell ya. One thing you learn in business, right quick, is that any time someone says that, it's a sign of power. When you are on the elevator with someone more powerful than you, but same gender, the more powerful man always says to the less, "no, you first." the less powerful man isn't on a pedestal is he? No. The more powerful man is being gracious - because that is what you do - the legacy of noblesse oblige. or some shit.

stick that in your ass and smoke it.