[lbo-talk] Open Office v. MS Office

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:09:45 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Chuck Grimes <c123grimes at att.net> wrote:
> I've noticed that Wordpad works to display MS Word documents and allows
> edits and saving. Most business text isn't long enough to exceed Wordpad
> limits.

Save and load as RTF (Rich text format) and avoid the issue of Microsoft "standards" entirely.

OpenOffice is good enough for me. But it only takes one small display or table formatting glitch to get every MS Office user into bitching mode and at that point his/her brain shuts out and I´ll be damned forever for even suggesting the use of OpenOffice.

FC