[lbo-talk] Open Office v. MS Office

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 03:46:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> After reading so much press copy-paste stories based on mixing up
> "Oracle Open Office" with OpenOffice.org, I think I´ll wait for an
> official statement on OpenOffice.org before jumping to conclusions.

Okay, some more info... it seems Oracle ALSO wants to hand over OpenOffice.org to "the community" (that would be TDF).

This has to do with one key exec who thinks Oracle should not have anything to do with office suites as its not their core business (dumb, dumb).

This after the firm talked about its "continued commitment to openoffice.org" just months ago. (October 2010) http://pages.citebite.com/q5y1b2u6rail

Damn I hate corporate politics. Just like that other idiot exec who convinced Netscape/AOL to get rid of all Mozilla programmers back in 2003.

Mindshare, brand image, they have heard of it.

FC