[lbo-talk] 10 charts...

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Apr 22 12:23:52 PDT 2011

On Apr 22, 2011, at 5:24 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> There are more people and more organizations devoted to defending animals than farm workers, right?

Depends on what you call "defending". I nominally defend both, mostly through righteous donation of keystrokes. Farm workers have a terrible life, and one cannot equate these things (personally, perhaps because I am speceisist after all, I put their welfare above that of animals), but at the same time I don't think it's possible to make light of the 7+ billion animals that live a short, miserable life ending in a brutal painful death to end up on plates half of which are discarded to garbage.

-- ravi