[lbo-talk] Atlas Flopped

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:17:48 PDT 2011

]

No. It drew largely an audience of Rand fans or wannabe fans. They were already sold on the "ideas."

But it was a BAD movie. We're not talking "Triumph of the Will" here.

Joanna

^^^^ CB: I guess I'm not surprised. I was sort of half kidding that Hollywood would put out an anti-capitalist propaganda film (smiles). That's a pretty teeny, tiny group they were relying on. A sect even.

But aren't just about all Hollywood movies bad ? ( I think we had a thread on that a while back). Most block buster, record setters are bad, from my impression. Being a bad movie doesn't necessarily mean it won't be a big money maker, no ?

I know this has been discussed be4, but wasn't Rand a Hollywood screenwriter ?