[lbo-talk] Atlas Flopped

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at sydney.edu.au
Fri Apr 29 20:46:38 PDT 2011

I don't even know where to start with this degree of generalisation, so I'm just going to hope I missed some context that makes it meaningful and move on following the AS thread...

Catherine

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of c b Sent: Sat 30/04/2011 03:26 To: lbo-talk Subject: [lbo-talk] Atlas Flopped

[WS:] I did not say women cannot be immature, but they are immature in a different way than men. In men, immaturity tends to take the form of emotional shallowness, banality and unidimensionality, which they try to cover up with escapes into behavior that is both perfunctory and bizarre or appalling. In women, on the other hand, immaturity takes the form of self-depreciation, denial of their own value, and failure to question the validity of the influences and demands put on them by others. When men mature, they become more critical of themselves, when women do - they become less.

Wojtek