[lbo-talk] Atlas Flopped

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:26:28 PDT 2011

[WS:] I did not say women cannot be immature, but they are immature in a different way than men. In men, immaturity tends to take the form of emotional shallowness, banality and unidimensionality, which they try to cover up with escapes into behavior that is both perfunctory and bizarre or appalling. In women, on the other hand, immaturity takes the form of self-depreciation, denial of their own value, and failure to question the validity of the influences and demands put on them by others. When men mature, they become more critical of themselves, when women do - they become less.

Wojtek

^^^^^ CB: I'm more like a woman. I was too hard on myself in my youth. My maturation has been to take it easy on myself.