[lbo-talk] Administrivia ...

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue Aug 2 11:44:08 PDT 2011

On Aug 2, 2011, at 1:44 PM, SA wrote:
> On 8/2/2011 1:12 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>

>> The Google regrets to inform you that, for the good of Everyone, austerity is the name of the game today. Everyone will have to make sacrafices, starting with not getting copies of your own email. The Google further regrets to inform that those with more than 2 Terrabytes of email will continue to receive copies of their own email. They are, afterall, Email Creators.
>
> Ha. But seriously folks, are my posts showing up without proper quote-formatting?

This one was okay. The one that Bill had issues with was quoted correctly as well, but you only quoted a relevant part which was two levels deep (I think some stuff written by me), and removed the first-level attribution (since it was unnecessary: you did not include any text from the person who was responding to me). Something like the below with the quoted section above:

> On 8/2/2011 1:12 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
>> The Google regrets to inform you that, for the good of Everyone, austerity is the name of the game today. Everyone will have to make sacrafices, starting with not getting copies of your own email. The Google further regrets to inform that those with more than 2 Terrabytes of email will continue to receive copies of their own email. They are, afterall, Email Creators.

That might have made it a bit confusing. Especially if responded to by someone who doesn’t add the quote prefix, which then messes up all the attribution.

—ravi