[lbo-talk] Administrivia ...

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:38:56 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM, // ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:

> Pine, Eudora, Mush,… new fangled silliness, I say! :-) In my day, if we
> weren’t using mail/mailx, we used MH or elm (no, not Rmail you Emacs
> freaks).

Heh. Yes, I remember thinking I'd made a big step up when I got to Pine. And Emacs never did it for me. But I was pumped in those days just to have gotten a shell account, which was still not common. All the academics were still on bitnet for email. And I have only the haziest recollection about that.

But I think this edition of the tech whine/nostalgia thread is probably about wound down. :)