[lbo-talk] BobboSphere is not disillusioned with Obama

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 07:52:17 PDT 2011

Doug Henwood asked:

> Do you approve of this piece of nonsense, or are you forwarding it the
> way a pathologist might want to share an interesting lesion (a "fascinoma,"
> I once heard) with colleagues?

I have stated my own views on Obama. This, however, is a viewpoint that I respect. I believe that these views reflect the needs of comrades who are involved in working class organizing, particularly in African American and Latino settings. Of course, people in other settings (e.g. in these lists, which are not to be dismissed or underestimated) have different needs. But these political activists have to relate to very specific groups of people, folks who support Obama for raw ethnic and racial reasons and who start from a very high level of alienation. I'd be curious to know how you address or bypass these sentiments in an effort to help these people get organized.