[lbo-talk] Wisconsin recall results

Joshua Morey amvojo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:01:44 PDT 2011

Wojtek - While I often disagree with your interpretations and analyses, I think you often make important observations and present difficult challenges (such as highlighting, in your own cynical way, the contradictions of electoral politics - which Bryan and Shane have also discussed with less piss and vinegar); however, you condemn nearly every strategy anybody tries. You accuse Carrol of doing nothing while hiding behind principles(?!), but I'm not sure you are - or ever have been - clear about your strategies for "progressive organizing" (as you call it).

So what would you do? If you had been in Madison in Feb and March, what would you have recommended? What kind of resistance would you have worked with or tried to organize? How would your strategy/tactics have changed after March 9 when parts of the budget repair bill were passed? Etc.

Or would you let it all ... just ... happen ... passively ... and allow yourself the sardonic delight of teasing us as we sink?... it seems to me that such is your preferred strategy. Am I misreading you (entirely possible)?

I apologize if I seem churlish - my questions are earnest.